Image
Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic disease affecting 30,000 children and adults in the United States today. The respiratory system and the digestive tract are both compromised by CF, making involuntary activities like breathing and eating extraordinarily difficult for these patients on a daily basis. Scientific research is at its peak in this field and nearly ninety cents of every dollar raised by the CF Foundation is donated directly towards finding a cure.  This past year was an amazing year for the foundation as after ten years, the first drug to treat the underlying cause of Cystic Fibrosis, was approved and is now on the market.This drug is a great break through, however, it treats just 4% of the CF population. We must continue the research and development, so that treatment can include the remaining 96% of patients who are living with this disease.

Erin Hettinger Lindelof was diagnosed with CF at the age of seven. She battled it her entire life but did not let it hold her back from things she enjoyed. The average median life expectancy of this disease is thirty years old, however, Erin lost her battle at the young age of twenty two. Erin is still loved by all that knew her. She will forever be in our hearts. She was an amazing daughter, sister, wife, and friend.
 
Over the last thirteen years, since Erin's passing, we have raised over $175,000. We need to keep going and we need everybody's help to keep that number growing!
 
Please visit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation at www.cff.org for all the latest updates regarding the fight against Cystic Fibrosis and for information on other fundraisers and events.